BCII - Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation (Ohio)
FBI - Federal Bureau of Investigation
Fingerprint background checks are required for anyone working in an educational setting. NwOESC also offers background checks (fingerprinting services) to any other agency or business requiring it for their employees.
NwOESC background check hours are Tuesday, Wednesday, and Thursday 12:00 p.m. - 4:00 p.m., or to schedule an appointment you may call 567.444.4800.
Requirements for BCII and/or FBI Background Checks:
- Know which check is needed? BCII, FBI, or Both
- A valid photo ID (preferably a valid drivers license)
- The name and address of the agency that is requesting the background check
- Fee of $30 for a BCII check, $35 for an FBI check and $65 for both checks payable by:
- Cash [Exact Change Please]
- VISA, MasterCard or Discover Credit Card
- Debit Card
- PayPal Account
- Money Orders
- Cashier Check
- We do not accept personal checks
- If the person being fingerprinted is under the age of 18, a parent/guardian must accompany and sign permission for the background check to be completed
Payments are only refundable if a background check can not be processed. Contact the NwOESC Business Office immediately in such a situation so the payment can be voided or a refund requested.
Northwest Ohio Educational Service Center (NwOESC)
205 Nolan Parkway
Archbold, OH 43502-8404
If you had prints taken in the last year (within 365 days) and would like a copy of your BCII sent to any location you can fill out the Request for Copy of Background Check Form. Please send this form along with your payment of $8 to:
Ohio Bureau of Criminal Identification and Investigation
PO Box 365
London, OH 43140
The Northwest Ohio ESC Office is located at 205 Nolan Parkway, Archbold, OH 43502.